I have mentioned a few of our favorite Easter books here and there but I wanted to share a roundup of all of our favorite Easter board books. You know I love books and I may use holidays as an excuse to add to our home library. I just can't help it! I like to have a basket of themed books for the babies to look through so these, plus a few picture books are currently in our Easter books basket.
Straight Up Easter Books
These books talk about the Easter bunny, Easter egg hunts, Easter symbols, and Easter traditions.
- Llama Llama Easter Egg by Anna Dewdney - we LOVE Llama Llama any time of year.
- Duck & Goose, Here Comes the Easter Bunny! by Tad Hills - we also love Duck and Goose. In this adventure, Duck and Goose try to find a good hiding spot to wait for the Easter Bunny.
- My First Easter by Tomie dePaola - I love that this book very simply talks about Easter traditions. It's perfect for toddlers and I always love Tomie dePaola!
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar's Easter Colors - I'm a sucker for anything related to the Very Hungry Caterpillar. This Easter Colors book caught my eye at Whole Foods. While it's called Easter Colors, there are a few stretches in terms of how Easter-related each object is (ladybugs?). But it's the Hungry Caterpillar so I was able to look past those few odd Easter objects.
- Hop! Hop! by Leslie Patricelli - this is Baby B's current favorite. He wants to read it over and over! Baby gets ready for Easter and waits excitedly for his Easter basket.
- Happy Easter, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff - I was excited to get this book this year because it's about Easter but also about colors! Mouse finds eggs in all different colors hidden around the house.
- Happy Easter, Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen - Pout Pout Fish is yet another favorite character in our house. This time, he and his friends are going on an Easter egg hunt!
- Five Little Bunnies by Dan Yaccarino - this is a rhyming story along the lines of 5 Little Pumpkins but with colorful Easter Bunnies.
This next bunch of books are not truly Easter books but I put them in our Easter book basket because they are about bunnies and chicks.
- Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes - I adore this book and was thrilled to find it in a board book at a thrift store. The little white rabbit has a very big imagination and is curious about the world around him.
- Flora and the Chicks by Molly Idle - If you like Flora's picture books, you will love her first board book. It is just as sweet as her other books. I love this one for Easter because it's about counting fluffly little chicks!
- The Bunny Rabbit Show! by Sandra Boynton - Since this book is by Sandra Boynton, you know it's hilarious and fun to read. The babies get a kick out of it!
- Bunny's Noisy Book by Margaret Wise Brown - I just discovered this book as another thrift store find. It's a perfect toddler book because it asks the reader about different sounds Bunny hears and makes.
- The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown - This classic is one of my favorite mama books. It's so sweet and I can read it all year long.
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney - another classic for the whole year but one that fits perfectly in our Easter basket.
- If I Were a Bunny by Anne Wilkinson - The babies love touch and feel books. This one is short and sweet and along the lines of the That's Not My...series from Usborne Books.
What are your family's favorite books? I'd love to hear what we should add to our collection!